Hello to the Hockey Graphs folks! I’m so glad to have the opportunity to have Skrimmage host any questions you may have about hockey analytics or sports research. Here are a few tips to get you started:
What is the Skrimmage Forum?
If this is your first time visit the Skrimmage Forum, welcome! Here’s why I started Skrimmage. That post also has some tips on how to use Discourse, the forum software. Please also introduce yourself!
How to ask anonymous questions:
- Sign up for a new account. (Trust me, we’ll get to the anonymous part soon)
- After going through the sign up flow, you’ll see your avatar in the top right hand corner.
- Click on the avatar picture, and then your name.
- You’ll see an icon that looks like a spy: - This is how you enter anonymous mode.
- You’ll get a new name like ‘Anon2358’ - That’ll last for 1 week. After a week, if you turn it off and go back to anonymous, it’ll be a new user number.
- Click “+ New Topic” to create a thread.
- Write a post, tag it in the “Ask & Tell” topic, and optionally with the sport that it is about.
- Hit submit and you’re on your way!
What kinds of questions should be asked anonymously?
- “What is expected goals?”
- “How can I finally rebuild my team?” - (hello, Vancouver Front Office)
- “What’s the best way to get started with programming?”
What kinds of questions should NOT be asked anonymously (or at all!)?
- Anything that is derogatory, racist, or bigoted in nature. Anonymous mode is not an excuse to be an asshole.
- Questions that have already been asked - bump a new thread if you have a clarifying question to ask
If you have any further questions, please either post your question in this, or send me a message on the forum. You can do that by clicking my avatar to the left and sending me a message.
Thank you for joining us and looking forward to having you here!