Welcome to Hockey Graphs folks & How to ask anonymous questions!

Hello to the Hockey Graphs folks! I’m so glad to have the opportunity to have Skrimmage host any questions you may have about hockey analytics or sports research. Here are a few tips to get you started:

What is the Skrimmage Forum?

If this is your first time visit the Skrimmage Forum, welcome! Here’s why I started Skrimmage. That post also has some tips on how to use Discourse, the forum software. Please also introduce yourself!

How to ask anonymous questions:

1. Sign up for a new account. (Trust me, we’ll get to the anonymous part soon)
  2. After going through the sign up flow, you’ll see your avatar in the top right hand corner.
  3. Click on the avatar picture, and then your name.
  4. You’ll see an icon that looks like a spy: :male_detective: - This is how you enter anonymous mode.
  5. You’ll get a new name like ‘Anon2358’ - That’ll last for 1 week. After a week, if you turn it off and go back to anonymous, it’ll be a new user number.
  6. Click “+ New Topic” to create a thread.
  7. Write a post, tag it in the “Ask & Tell” topic, and optionally with the sport that it is about.
  8. Hit submit and you’re on your way!

What kinds of questions should be asked anonymously?

• “What is expected goals?”
  • “How can I finally rebuild my team?” - (hello, Vancouver Front Office)
  • “What’s the best way to get started with programming?”

What kinds of questions should NOT be asked anonymously (or at all!)?

• Anything that is derogatory, racist, or bigoted in nature. Anonymous mode is not an excuse to be an asshole.
  • Questions that have already been asked - bump a new thread if you have a clarifying question to ask

If you have any further questions, please either post your question in this, or send me a message on the forum. You can do that by clicking my avatar to the left and sending me a message.

Thank you for joining us and looking forward to having you here!

Danny Page
Skrimmage on Twitter

1 Like